Coconut Poached Chicken

Looky what I got in the mail the other day!!


Of course I had to try it right away! This is the recipe I choose to be the first one:

What you'll need:
2 cans unsweetend coconut milk (be sure to only use the unsweetend one, not cream of coconut or the one used for making cocktails)
2 pounds skinless, bone-in chicken breast (I used a boneless one; I am just lazy like that)
1 piece (about 1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 scallion, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
Coarse salt
1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
Serves 4

How-To
Combine coconut milk, chicken, ginger, garlic, scallion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 4-quart saucepan.
Bring just to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium; simmer until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 15 to 18 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a platter.

Raise heat to medium-high.
Cook until poaching liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 4 mins.
Strain liquid through a fine sieve into a heatproof bowl (discard solids); stir in fish sauce and lime juice.

Remove the chicken meat from the bone in one piece, then slice across the grain into 1-inch-thick pieces.
Divide among four plates; drizzle with some sauce, and serve the rest alongside for dripping.
I served it with rice and salad.

I am linking this up with Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday. Make sure to go visit those sites for more great recipes!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment