Chinese Cabbage Salad

I totally forgot about this recipe. So I post it on here to remind myself to do it again some time soon!


Ingredients


1 small head cabbage
6 green onions, sliced
1/4 c. browned sesame seeds
1/4 c. browned almonds, slivered
1/4 c. vinegar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. oil
1 pkg Ramen noodles, browned and crumbled


Direction
s

Spread the ramens seasoning over almonds, sesame seeds and noodles.
Brown noodles, almonds and sesame seeds in oven carefully as seeds burn easily.
Mix/ shake together vinegar, sugar, oil and soy sauce in a jar.
One hour before serving, chop cabbage and green onions into thin strips.
Pour dressing over cabbage and onions. Set in fridge.
Before serving top with seeds, almonds and noodles; toss slightly.

This salad can be prepared ahead of time.

Go check out Tempt my Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday for more delicous recipes!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT!!! sounding salad. THANKS!!! for sharing your recipe.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use the seasoning packet for the Ramen noodles? Do you break the noodles up before toasting them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for pointing out Alison!
    Yes I do use the seasoning, it goes over the CRUMBLED :) noodles, sesame seeds and almonds before toasting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. Your recipe sounds so good. I have had this one but never made it. It is delicious and sounds easy to make.

    I like my cookies made with the mini chips but I think you can use either. These are some of our favorite cookies, and are so easy to make. At the end of my baking day for the holidays-some years I do more and some years less-this is my last recipe and I stick it in the oven and go to bed! In the morning the whole house smells wonderful.

    Blessings and stop by again for a visit!

    ReplyDelete